[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Motion to Restrict Registry Participation in Constituency

At 01:08 PM 2/11/03 +1100, Bruce Tonkin wrote:
>My view is that:
>(1) Any ICANN accredited registrar may join the constituency and have a vote
>(2) Any ICANN accredited registrar may nominate a representative to the
>constituency to exercise the company's vote
>
>I am OK with a criteria for selecting a "representative" of the
>constituency as a whole.

Dear Bruce:  ICANN forced down our throats their decision to let Verisign
be a registraR and registrY.  But they insisted upon a "Chinese Wall"
(whatever in the heck that is, you could fly a model airplane over it).

Shouldn't we have that as a very minimum for Global names?

Regards, BobC