[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Washington Meeting - Draft Agenda

> Mike - thanks for planning a comprehensive agenda.  In an
> effort to maximize the productiveness of this meeting (and go
> beyond just discussion), I'd suggest that we ask for
> registrars who will attend to volunteer to champion each of
> the agenda items.  (I would expect that for each, there's
> someone who's been most active on the list).  This person
> should send out goals, action items to be decided, or
> questions to be answered for his or her designated topic.
> That way, we will try to end the meeting with decisions and actions.

I fully support this approach. Its very important to me from a planning
and resource allocation perspective that we go into these meetings with
a very clear idea of what we as an organization can hope to achieve.

Further to this, I would like to donate the hour allocated to transfers
and apply it to the By-laws and Structure portion of the agenda. First
off, I have no news from a task force perspective. I can provide
slightly more detail in a separate email, but suffice to say, we waiting
for the Names Council to approve our recommendations before we proceed
with next steps. Secondly, there are a number of sub-topics that have
all been lumped together under the canopy of "bylaws". I would like to
see more time devoted to the discussion of each of these sub-issues as
the conclusions we draw will define our constituency at a very
fundamental level.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling with the draft agenda Mike. This is
a great starting point.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/