[registrars]

[registrars] Joker.com transfer procedure is a joke:-( A very bad joke.

Dear Colleagues:

I have just plowed into a very strange set of rules for transfers of
sponsorship of gTLDs.

We have been trying ainxe 6 January to transfer two domains  from Joker.com.

On three attempts, Joker.com consistently nacks our requests within 24
hours.  I sent copies of our documentary authorization (bearing the
official seals of the registrant)  to Joker.com when the first rejections
were received.

Mr. Langenbach sent cryptic notes advising us to "read the FAQ" [see
footnote 1].  I was unable to find said FAQ.  Recently, an employee of
Joker.com was kind enough to supply us with the URL.  The attached .tif
file shows that procedure.  It may also be found at the following URL:

	http://joker.com/faq/index.php?num=4&f_id=1&s_id=5&q_id=89

Joker.com has attempted to shift the point of initiating a transfer from
the *gaining_registrar* back to the *registrant or admin
contact*.  Further, we are dealing with Japanese clients who should not be
expected to execute these unique and complex procedures, written in English.

This is a unique and inappropriate procedure.  Joker.com should not be
permitted to create their own rules.  While it is agreed that the work of
the Transfer TF is not complete, the idea of shifting the burden for
initiating a transfer from the established party (gaining registrar) to the
registrant or admin contact has no precedent.

Cordially, BobC

[footnote 1:]

To whom it may concern,

to start a transfer of a domain to another registrar you have to follow
the procedure described at our FAQ.

Respectfully
Siegfried Langenbach on behalf of billing@joker.com

Joker is a division of
Computer Service Langenbach GmbH (CSL GmbH)

00291000.tif