[registrars]

Re: [registrars] PersonalNames.com

Some participants on this list have expressed a concern about the existence
of PersonalNmaes.com.  We share that concern and are also troubled by the
precedent set.

As the EU has a particularly strong anti-trust organizations, both for the
EU and each country, we have decided after some research that the best
course of action, as a start, is to file a number of complaints.

I think the RC itself should consider filing a complaint.
PersonalNames.com clearly has an unfair competitive advantage, as they
themselves note on their web site.  Also, the pricing they offer -- which
we can not offer until Feb 15th -- seems a particularly legal violation.

As the establishment and accreditation of this company is an immediate and
serious threat to the continued existence of the entire registrar industry,
I feel we should stand together on this to make a strong stand.  If we
don't hang together, we shall surely hang separately.

Jim

--On Tuesday, January 28, 2003 11:38 AM -0500 Rob Hall <rob@momentous.com>