[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Congress to Once Again Look at ICANN

Gary,

Don't forget that Burn's list of "top priorities for the 108th congress"
is as long as his arm. Sometimes I get the sense that Burns likes to
fill agenda time with ICANN for the sake of convenience and slight
academic interest as opposed to any larger agenda. Burns likes telcom
and local issues. That means ranchers and phone companies are going to
get more attention than we are, for better or worse. Whatever happens,
congressional attention is not a bad thing - for instance, it causes
groups like INTA and pubs like Wired to write about the burning issues
and put them in front of the people that should be participating more in
ICANN. We need to cast a wider net and actions such as those that Burns
undertakes, assists this.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/