[registrars]

RE: [registrars] PersonalNames.com

> Dear Colleagues:  Let us remember that NSI was allowed to be
> a member of
> the RC under the conditions that there was a "Chinese Wall"
> between NSI and
> Verisign-GRS.

Correct - and again, let me state for the record that I am not proposing
a motion that would bar PersonalNames from participating in the
constituency as a registrar. I am proposing a motion that would prevent
those with significant registry involvement from being appointed to
represent the registrar within this constituency.

I am hoping to avoid the analogy of Verisign appointing Chuck Gomes as a
representative of Verisign Registrar in this constituency. Apologies to
Chuck in advance for using him and Verisign as a specific example, but
would have a similar problem with his participation as a registrar in
this constituency. Hakon is an employee of similar status within GNR and
should not be allowed to participate as a voting member here, nor should
others with significant registry involvement.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/blog