[registrars]

Re: [registrars] WHOIS expiration date for Auto-renewed domains

Dear Bhavin,

>> Hi larry. I REALLY wish you would have been around with us when we were
>> discussing this with chuck at the shanghai meeting. Let me put down the
>> entire discussion so that all your doubts are answered
>>
>> * the domain expires on day 1, but continues to be active
>> * on day 'x' (could be 5,10,15,20 anything) the registry puts the domain
>> on registry hold (domain becomes inactive)
>> * on day 'y' (could be 45) the domain is deleted unless it was
>> explicitly renewed

This sounds strangely similar to the Redemption Grace Period which is
already in place.

'x' is chosen individually by each Registrar.

'y' is 30 days (or 35 depending upon interpretation) after 'x'.

Cheers,

Mike Lampson
The Registry at Info Avenue, LLC
lampson@iaregistry.com