[registrars]

[registrars] WHOIS expiration date for Auto-renewed domains

> I disagree. You absolutely CAN send an explicit renew in
> order to renew the domain if you so choose.

Are you sure. I belive that would add ONE EXTRA year to the domain name
(one more year over and abv the auto-renew year)

> What I suggested was that the Registry should change the
> expiry date they publish on whois, only after the 45 day
> period had expired, or if an explicit renew was performed.

Im not sure - correct me if I am wrong but we do not send and explicit
renew from our side to the registry if our custoemr chooses to renew
with us after expiry. We are NOT SUPPOSED to send an explicit renew
command.

That exactly was the topic of debate with me and chuck at shanghai.
Basically the current auto-renew system is counter intutive since the
registry can never know if we want to renew the name or not until 45
days or until we issue a delete

bhavin