[registrars]

[registrars] New registrars constituency of the GNSO

Hello All,

I note that since the ICANN meeting in December the registrars constituency of the DNSO is now officially called:
"Registrars constituency of the GNSO".

GNSO = Generic Names Supporting Organisation

I note also that the constituency needs to submit to the ICANN Secretary a new charter and statement of operating procedures no later than 15 July 2003.

See:
http://www.icann.org/committees/evol-reform/proposed-transition-article-24nov02.htm
"Notwithstanding the adoption or effectiveness of the New Bylaws, each GNSO constituency described in paragraph 2 of this Section 5 shall continue operating as before and no constituency official, task force, or other activity shall be changed until further action of the constituency, provided that each GNSO constituency shall submit to the ICANN Secretary a new charter and statement of operating procedures, adopted according to the constituency's processes and consistent with the New Bylaws, no later than 15 July 2003."

This is an opportunity to provide some focus to update our operating procedures so that we can operate more efficiently - in particular so we can focus our discussions on the policy issues rather than waste time on discussing how to have a vote.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin