[registrars]

RE: [registrars] registrars meeting in 1Q03

I would like to endorse Ross' suggestion.

-----Original Message-----
From: ross@tucows.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 9:43 AM
To: wessorh@ar.com; Registrars List
Cc: Registrars Executive Committee
Subject: Re: [registrars] registrars meeting in 1Q03

One item that I would like to discuss in advance of this meeting is the
subject of the constituency books. We have had a formal treasury function
for quite some time, and even though the position is vacant for the time
being, we should consider producing a year end accounting of revenue and
expenditures for 2002. Membership fees are a key contributor to the success
of this constituency and it will be useful for us to discuss the question of
fees in March from an informed standpoint. As I mentioned over two years
ago, Tucows is fully committed to ensuring that the constituency is
appropriately funded and we are not opposed, to a point, to increased fees
as long as we see an attendant increase in the service that we receive from
the Constituency. Currently, the financial situation of the Constituency is
rather opaque, accordingly it is difficult for the membership to consider
whether we should be paying less, paying the same or paying more in order to
ensure the continued vibrancy of this group.

So to summarize, I would like to see two things;

a) that a full accounting for the Constituency's 2002 expenses and revenue
at least 30 days prior to the February meeting be provided to the
membership, and;
b) the topic of what level of membership fees are appropriate going into
2003 and beyond be added to the February meeting agenda.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog