[registrars]

RE: [registrars] EPP Informed Consent

Unlike the .AU policy that does not provide for an emergency NAC, the .ORG,
.CN (and hopefully .US) policies keep in place the 5 day transfer window.
Therefore, should an auth code be stolen, and fraudulently submitted and
reconfirmed, the registrant would still have a 5 day emergency window to let
him/her know that a transfer is about to take place. This is something I
think the .AU policy is missing.

Actually, Ross if you read the proposed .US policy I have put in language
which states that the access and modification of the Auth Code should be no
more difficult than changing DNS. I actually got this idea from the
Transfer's Task Force Report. Speaking with Paul at Enom I believe they
already have this feature integrated into their system rather easily.

So I think the first two questions have been addressed.

With regard to being gTLD ready, it is going live with .CN and hopefully
.US. It is already operational in .AU. The ground work has been laid in the
PIR .ORG contract. Hopefully if .CN and .US prove successful, PIR may be
convinced to incorporate this change. If not I think it would be in the
constituency's best interest to approach Afilias (.INFO), NeuStar (.BIZ) and
GNR (.NAME) to ask for a similar contract change.

I believe both the Task Force Report and Principles allow for registries to
make policy improvements.

I await your more detailed analysis.

Mike