[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Motion on Transfers Report

Ross,

I have a question regarding the "Registrar Hold"  that is a recommended
action in the report for the denial of a no-payment name . Can a registrar
still update a domain status from "ACTIVE" to "Registrar Hold" once a
transfer is pending ?  I know I had trouble doing that before.

***********************************
Consensus Policy Recommendations

24 A Losing Registrar may deny a transfer request only in the following
instances;
e.  No payment for previous registration period (including credit card
charge-backs) if the domain name is past its expiration date or for previous
or current registration periods if the domain name has not yet expired. In
all such cases, however, the domain name must be put into "Registrar Hold"
status by the Losing Registrar prior to the denial of transfer.

Joyce Lin
007Names.com