[registrars]

Re: [registrars] ORG Redelegation

> I am also very much amazed by the fact that everyone is crying about
> data-mining and such, and presenting it as an argument why Registrars
> do not have the same whois format, or one that changes, but in the
> same time... I mean... with thick Registries... is the problem less
> or worse ?

The Intellectual Property community wants one thing - access to all whois
data through one web interface. They haven't thought much about the impact
of thick v. thin, they haven't thought much about the data mining issue that
you set forth, frankly, it doesn't much appear that they have thought much
about the consequences of their demands at all. But, I'm sure as long as
they continue to get what they want, they will continue to be a bunch of
happy campers. Keep in mind that these are the same people that lobby time
to time that libraries should be regulated and pay licensing fees because of
the multiple uses of the intellectual property.

-rwr