[registrars]

[registrars] Ballots

Folks,

We've got some important events coming up. I'd like to remind each of you of
some sage advice that our chair espoused not too long ago. It is equally
applicable today, as it was then.

"The transfer issue represents a crossroad for the registrar constituency.
We can either unite behind a clear consensus position that has emerged and
bring an end to process[es] which seek to undermine the stability of a
fledging industry, or we can let it lead to our self destruction.

Having gone up against NSI over the last two years, there are a couple of
things that I have learned that I would like to share. In order to prevail
one must remain calm, cool and collective. When making a point, either in
the constituency, within ICANN or on the Hill stick to the facts. Moreover,
whatever facts you use double check them, because [they], are masters of
political jujitsu. They will take a valid argument and make you look like a
disgruntled competitor making unsubstantiated allegations." [1]

We have before us a number of proposals, two years of debate and the work of
the task force. We will shortly have before us a ballot. It is my intent
over the next two weeks to attempt to reconcile all of this and assist the
DNSO in putting forward a proposition that is rooted in consensus.

To those of you that do not agree with the current state of that proposition
and have come forward with your objections, I thank you.

To those of you that have continuously supported the basic principles that
the task force has put forward, I also thank.

To those of you that presume that you will be able to continue to delay the
process and block the development of consensus, I ask you to reconsider your
position at this point - it is not constructive, nor is it sustainable. Both
the constituency and the DNSO need to move in a positive direction with this
issue. All things, in due time, can be re-examined and if need be,
reconsidered as consensus evolves.

As Mike also recently said, we're all trying to accomplish roughly the same
thing. Its important that we try remember that once in a while and not let
what disagreements we do have distract us from the ultimate goals.

We are extremely close to the finish line - lets make sure that we emerge
united.

                       -rwr

[1] Mike's full remarks can be found here:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc01/msg00685.html, I've edited
them slightly for readability and political correctness ;)