[registrars]

[registrars] Critical Mass

Hello All:

Stop and take a deep breath.

The Xfer issue represents a crossroad for the registrar constituency. In
Stockholm I stated that this Xfer issue was a cancer that had to be cut out
and irradiated before it ate us alive. We can either unite behind a clear
consensus position that has emerged and bring an end to this autoNAC process
which seeks to undermine the stability of a fledging industry, or we can let
it lead to our self destruction.

Having gone up against NSI over the last two years, there are a couple of
things that I have learned that I would like to share. In order to prevail
one must remain calm, cool and collective. When making a point, either in
the constituency, within ICANN or on the Hill stick to the facts. Moreover,
whatever facts you use double check them, because NSI and to a lesser extent
Register.com, are masters of political jujitsu. They will take a valid
argument and make you look like a disgruntled competitor making
unsubstantiated allegations.

So what does this all mean. Continue to feed me the factual support that
demonstrates that the current policy employed by a small handful of
registrars is detrimental to the industry and most importantly the Internet
stakeholders for which ICANN is suppose to represent. Those registrars that
have helped in the drafting of the position paper continue to lend me your
bandwidth.

I will be traveling and will have limited email access of the next couple of
days. I look forward to speaking with everyone on Wednesday teleconference.

Best regards,

Mike

P.S. For those that are wondering, no I do not get more than a couple of
hours a sleep a night :-)