[registrars]

Re: [registrars] .US Update

Michael,

Thanks for the note and the pointer.

David,

Would you like to arrange for a conference call outside of the DNSO to
discuss registrar interest on this matter? Tucows would be please to sponsor
the cost of the call.

My basic concern is that while the Internic reporting mechanism is a
reasonable bandage for the ICANN policy problem as it relates to Whois, the
general policy has an effect of increasing the burden of responsibility for
accuracy for Registrars and lessening that of Registrants. While it safely
deals with the concerns of the Registry operator, I'm not sure that it is
the most equitable approach for the Registrar sector. Ideally, a
teleconference would allow us to explore arrangements that could stand as an
effective alternative to Michael's proposition.

If there is an interest from your side and other dotUS registrars, please
let me know and I will make the necessary arrangements.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog