[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Proposed Motions - Do I have a Second?

> There were other options for a solution to the Transfers issue floated at
> the Shanghai meeting. The RC should have an opportunity to review and
> discuss those options within a reasonable time period. At the least,
Motion
> 3 should be amended to allow for that option.

Tim - Completely agree. There were tons of options and concerns raised at
the meeting which will be enumerated pending the teleconference to ensure
that I've captured everything - ideally the combination of the call and the
face to face meeting will have provided us with with sufficient clarity as
to what the actual substantive issues are.

At this point, I'm really interested in two things - a) making sure that the
final work product is comprehensive and reflective of the constituencies
interests and b) making sure that we are moving in the right direction (from
the perspective of the membership) with the current efforts. The rest is
noise.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

> After further consideration and advice I'd like amend my second to include
> only Motions 1, 2, and 4.
>
> There were other options for a solution to the Transfers issue floated at
> the Shanghai meeting. The RC should have an opportunity to review and
> discuss those options within a reasonable time period. At the least,
Motion
> 3 should be amended to allow for that option.
>
> Tim

Task
> Force Interim Report it was important to get a constituency viewpoint on
the
> record. It was proposed that the original comments submitted by Michael
> Palage be adopted as the constituency viewpoint, pending any substantive
> objections from the constituency. Given concerns by certain members
> regarding the documented support within the registrars constituency for
both
> the Whois and Transfer's Task Force interim report, it was discussed that
> there may be a need for a formal vote by the Registrar Constituency on
both
> interim reports. Although the formal close of public comments is Nov 8th,
> according to the DNSO Secretariat the final reports will not be voted upon
> until the Dec 14th Names Council meeting.
>
> Therefore it is proposed that a formal vote be taken on both the Whois and
> Transfer Interim Reports using the new administrative software. The voting
> would begin as soon as there is a second to this motion and the ballot can
> be uploaded and would continue for an expedited 5 day voting period.
>
> MOTION #2:
>
> Whereas, the proposed recommendations contained in the Whois Interim
Report
> have a potential significant impact on registrars and registrants. It is
> important for the registrar constituency to highlight certain problems of
> the Task Force interim report on the record.
>
> Therefore, it is proposed that the following ballot be submitted to the
> registrars constituency for a vote.
>
> BALLOT:
>
> Because of the potential negative impact that the proposed Whois Task
Force