[registrars]

Re: [registrars] FINAL: Inter-Registrar Domain Name Transfers: Principles and Processes for Gaining and Losing Registrars

The constituency and its membership has the opportunity to state their
formal positions as part of the policy development process. This typically
leads to a vote of the constituency in order that we can direct the votes of
our NC reps. So, to answer your question directly, yes - I would presume so.
As this is an interim report, I (speaking as the constituency TF rep) am
more interested at this point in gathering as much input as we (the TF)
possibly can so that our final report (the important one) is representative
of the consensus of industry and the larger community. My recommendation to
the Constituency is that we hold off on voting on the Task Force report
until it has been finalized but continue the in-constituency dialogue to
ensure that all voices are heard.

In other words, I don't see any point in negotiating with ourselves before
we hear the full and final range of positions from the other constituencies.
While I am cognizant of some of the differing opinions held by a few members
of the constituency, I am confident that we will be able to work through
these differences over the coming weeks, as we have consistently done in the
past, and present a unified voice at the Task Force and Names Council
levels.

My plan for the Shanghai constituency meeting is to go through the Interim
Report line by line by line and capture as much commentary on the document
as we possibly can. Next steps from there will be to synthesize the
commentary in to solid amendments and proposals that I can take back to the
TF for discussion and inclusion in the Final Report.

Hope this helps.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow