[registrars]

[registrars] Fw: Transfer Task Interim Report

Fellow members,

The Names Council Task Force on Inter-registrar Domain Name Transfers has
published its interim report as per below. I will be creating a more
portable version of this document and posting links later today for those
that aren't inclined to deal with MS-Word documents (attached).

Note that those comments that I have received over the last few days from
Registrar Constituency members may not be reflected in this document,
however not that this is an interim, and not final, report.  Those comments
that I have received, in addition to those that are received during the
Public Comment period and open forums, will be tabled for discussion within
the Task Force with the purpose of including as much input as possible into
the Final Report.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to drop me a
line.

Note to Chair: Michael - it is my intention to deal with as much of this
document as we possibly can during the Constituency meeting in Shanghai. As
I've mentioned, we do not need to determine a constituency position at this
point, but rather deal with the substance of the report and forge consensus
regarding where we need to improve the document. The Task Force is very
seriously looking for as much comment and input as possible at this point to
ensure smooth adoption and implementation. I am not sure at this point how
much time we have allotted to our meeting or this particular agenda item,
but I would like to request as much time as the schedule will permit to
ensure a comprehensive review.

-rwr