From: owner-registrars@dnso.org [mailto:owner-registrars@dnso.org]On
Behalf Of Ross Wm. Rader
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 3:38 PM
To: Elana Broitman; 'Michael D. Palage'; registrars@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [registrars] RE: ICANN Shanghai Meeting Topic Transfers of
gTLD Domain Names 28-31 October 200

>...it's always been a contentious issue, and continues to
> have a number of diff. proposals and different registrar positions, it is
> worth a place on the agenda the day before you make a public presentation.

I would strongly beg to differ with your characterization. The constituency
position has been loudly opposed by two specific registrars since day one.
Oddly, it is anything but a contentious issue. It has also been on the
agenda of every single registrar meeting going back almost two years and the
constituency position hasn't changed much. While it does deserve a spot on
the agenda for Shanghai, I doubt that we will be discussing anything new -
we are dealing with well-trod ground.

If anyone does want to get up to speed on what the TF has been up to for the
last 18 months, please feel free to give me a ring at the office.

Thanks,

                     -rwr

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of
thought which they seldom use."
 - Soren Kierkegaard

> Great to hear - since it's always been a contentious issue, and continues
> have a number of diff. proposals and different registrar positions, it is
> worth a place on the agenda the day before you make a public presentation.
>
> Thanks, Elana

ICANN