[registrars]

Re: [registrars] proposals before whois TF

Hallo,

CSL GmbH can not support that recommendations for various
reasons, without going into details :

1.) we find it a bad joke asking ICANN to collect fine-fees through a
registry.

2.) The definition of a wrong address is not easy and missing (the
world is not only USA), as a result it will be hard to provide evidence
that registrar is failing in his duties. CSL asks claimants to provide
the return message of postal offices as proof.

3.) Asking registrars to cancel the registration is not appropriate,
who is paying for the domains, is it refunded? CSL for example
makes the domain not usable by changing the NS to something like
invalid-address. We just want to avoid that the same domains is re-
registered next day (with us or somebody else) again with wrong
data ....

In total we would prefer a more liberal approach.
Showing the way how the procedure should be done is one thing,
carving in stone the procedure ICANN should follow in case of
problems is not real.

siegfried