[registrars]

[registrars] Credit Card Update

I am glad that we are having a more open dialog with regard to credit card
fraud. I think this is another positive sign of the maturity of our
industry. I am trying to line up a credit card industry expert to speak with
us in China. It appears that we may have the funds for a telephone bridge
there as well :-)

As I mentioned yesterday, I foresaw potential pitfalls in setting up a
database of alleged fraudulent cards. Navigating this minefield in the
United States begins with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq.
to determine whether this would be a covered activity. If any other non-US
registrars could point out similar statutory provisions I would greatly
appreciate it. In the short term, I believe that a more prudent course of
action would be reporting these potential fraudulent actions to the credit
card companies and the appropriate law enforcement agencies.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage