From: owner-registrars@dnso.org [mailto:owner-registrars@dnso.org]On Behalf Of Tim Ruiz
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 7:11 AM
To: ross@tucows.com
Cc: Bruce.Tonkin@melbourneit.com.au; registrars@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [registrars] Use of proxies for WHOIS entries and impact on transfer policy

Why is anything broken? The proxy would no doubt have this covered with the party involved. It is between them. As registrars, we deal with the registrant and admin contact of record, period. If we begin to get concerned with what other contractual arrangements may or may not exist, we are going get to bogged down with a bunch of red tape that just isn't necessary.

This policy should be a set of business rules, not a mechanism to attempt to steer us into one particular business model or another. At least that is my HO.

Tim