[registrars]

[registrars] Proposal: ICANN Report Card

Registrars:

At the Amsterdam meeting ( i dialed in ) there was a discussion about
determining a set of criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of icann for
the purpose of budget review.

There seemed strong consensus from those at the meeting that we develop
these criteria.

I expect that the exercise won't take too long and so no special list is
required. If those interested may post their criteria to the list for
discussion. At some point the criteria will be turned into a survey for
registrars to take, we will then compile the survey and write a report.

The RC will vote on the report and we will post it on our website and
potentially submit it to ICANN for their review.

The following are the goals an milestones.

  o Nov 02 - finalize criteria
  o Dec 02 - Circulate survey
  o Feb 03 - Finalize report
  o Mar 03 - vote to accept/forward report.

This proposal is up for discussion, please post your thoughts to this
list. I will do my very best to maintain a list of proposed criteria which
i will periodicly repost to the list.

Again, this exercise is not to point out icann's shortcomings it is to
develop a base line for evaluating the effectiveness of ICANN and
determine where funds should be applied during the budget evaluation
process.

-rick