[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Interim Transfer Proposal

At 08:42 AM 9/23/02 -0700, Tim Ruiz wrote:
>If our customers understood enough to come to our site, register a domain,
>agree to the registration agreement, all written in English, then it would
>certainly be a logical assumption that they should be able to understand
>other English instructions.

Dear Tim: What am I missing here?  Or is it you?

Over 90% of *our* customers are Japanese.  While many of them can read
simple English, confirmation requests from some registraRs have complex
instructions such as "copy this text and paste it in the ....." to confirm
that you have authorized this transfer.

In many cases, the only *reason* for transferring is that they cannot
understand other registraRs instructions on how to maintain their domain
contact data and/or nameservers.

Do you think that your Japanese registrants understand your RRA?

Once they are in our system, they can take care of everything in
English.   But if someone tries to slam them, they won't have a ghost of an
idea what to do about it.

Regards, BobC