[registrars]

[registrars] Verisgin Database/Transfer process incorrect??

One of our customers is trying to transfer a domain name DELDOT.COM from
Verisign to us. And got this message from Verisign -

Dear Valued VeriSign(r) Customer:

Network Solutions, a VeriSign company, instructed the registry not to
transfer the domain name registration to a different registrar because
the domain name, DELDOT.COM, did not meet the registrar change criteria.

Specifically, the domain name did not meet the criteria because:

The registration fee for the domain name, DELDOT.COM, has not been paid.
The domain name is beyond the record expiration date 08-02-2002.

To transfer your registration from Network Solutions to another
registrar, the
domain name must be in a paid status and cannot be beyond the record
expiration
date. To make a payment, go to
http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/help/pay.html

**** But when I check the whois Record for this domain on Verisign's own
website I get this -

 Domain Name: DELDOT.COM

   Administrative Contact:
      Sai, Ganesh  (GSE125)
      Deldot Systems Limited
      431/28, 10th Main, 4th Block, Jayanagar
      Bangalore, Karnataka 560 011
      IN
   Technical Contact:
      Turakhia, Bhavin  (TB347-ORG)
      Direct Information
      102 Osia Friendship 51 Gauthan lane no 4
      Andheri(W)
      Bombay, MH 400058
      IN

   Record expires on 02-Aug-2003.
   Record created on 01-Aug-1997.

Notice that the record expires on 08-02-2003 and NOT 2002.

I am wondering if this is been happening to any other domains too?? Some
unsuspecting customers may actually go and make an extra year payment to
Verisign? Or is it that the Whois record is displaying an incorrect
expiry date?

bhavin