[registrars]

[registrars] Code of conduct & anti-trust issues

I wonder, given what we were told in VA about how easy it is to run up
against the anti-competition laws in the US and other countries, could not
the CoC being proposed here constitute a bunch of competitors getting
together to mutually restrict how we all do business?  Is that not the
essence of the anti-trust issue we have heard so much about over the past
several months in connection with WLS discussions?

Mike, as the Chair and as an attorney who has brought the anti-trust issue
to our attention, can you please comment of to what extent if any, the CoC
constitutes an anti-competitive business practice?  Should we be dumping
our water pitchers over at this point?

Jim

--On Tuesday, August 20, 2002 9:44 PM -0700 Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>