[registrars]

RE: [registrars] WLS go ahead???

In an email to Mike regarding our (AAAQ.COM's) response to whether or not
we'd like to be a signatory to the DoC letter, my reply was:

"Although in favor of reforming ICANN, I'd rather not have our signing of
the letter be misinterpreted as endorsing in any way the Blueprint or plans
of the Evolution and Reform Committee.  So far, I don't see how anything in
what's been presented is going to change a damn thing in the way ICANN
operates."

I've also recently gone on record as saying that no real reformation of
ICANN will take place until Joe Sims and the law firm he represents, Jones
Day Reavis & Pogue, are no longer associated with ICANN.  For those not
familiar with Joe Sims and the reasons I say this, you may want to read the
email I posted to the GA list,
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/msg03462.html

ICANN's obviously slanted Second General Counsel's analysis document which
says that WLS should be approved by the Board was written by Louis Touton.
And, for those that don't know, Louis Touton came to ICANN from Jones Day
where he worked with Joe Sims on ICANN matters before being hired by ICANN.
Louis, in my opinion, is nothing more than the "inside guy" that does
whatever he's directed to do by Joe Sims.

As long as Joe Sims, Jones Day and Louis Touton are associated with ICANN,
please continue to expect these kinds of outcomes.  BTW, I will support any
effort to oust these guys.

Best regards,

Jeff

--