[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Credit Card Fraud

Hi,

We have had significant issues in Credit Card Fraud and have implemented
a large number of measures to reduce the same. Most of our concern stems
from the fact that we have only a 5 day delete period, which is not
adequate for detecting a fraud. Mebbe a pro-rata charge deduction for
deleted domains would help  ..... That way we could delete a name in a
month and be charged only for 1 month :) ...

Nevertheless here are some tips -

* matching country with ip and flagging of transactions

* banning email addresses/machines/domains (I have noticed most
fraudsters revisit ... This prevents a large number of fraudulent
transactions). Infact when I say ban them you should actually simply
display transaction failed .... So that they do not realise they are
banned

* multiple card attempts (this one has also got me quite a few fraud
attempts..... When some1 tries one card, then another and then another)

Bhavin