[registrars]

[registrars] Whois Teleconference - Next Week

Next Thursday there will be the second bi-weekly registrar constituency
teleconference. Based upon the discussion of the Executive Committee
yesterday, this call will be devoted almost exclusively to Whois. The only
exception being a recap of outstanding issues so they do not fall by the
wayside.

The current Whois issues for discussion are:
- ICANN DNSO Whois Task Force Report;
- IETF issues regarding Whois;
- data mining
- GNR proposed Whois as discussed briefly last week
- Update on Registrar/Registry Whois meeting with the FTC next month;

In order to make the call more efficient, the Executive Committee will be
drafting an outline for how the teleconference should be conducted to
maximize the productivity of our time. The material to be discussed will
also be circulated early in the week to allow all participants to prepare.

Because the last call was early in the morning US East Coast time to
accommodate our European counter-parts, this call will be late in the
afternoon East Coast time to accommodate our Asian/Pacific registrars.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage