[registrars]

[registrars] Meeting Update

Hello All:

Here is the latest and greatest. It was decided yesterday during an
teleconference by the Registrar Executive Committee that the registrar
meeting would be held in Amsterdam. If there are North American registrars
that are interested in attending a pre-meeting on the 18th prior to the FTC
meeting then a meeting room can be arranged. This potential pre-meeting
(approx 3 hours) would be limited to the following scaled down agenda:
preparation of Whois background information to facilitate a productive
meeting with the FTC on Thursday; revised documentation on the transfer
problem - MIT & TUCOWS originally had done some excellent work on a document
that provided both technical and legal arguments for the transfer problem;
and possible meeting on ICANN reform and restructuring with DoC
representatives if available, still awaiting confirmation of possible
availability on this date.

The registrars constituency's official meeting would be held on Saturday
with a full 8 hour session. Topics for discussion would be: .org
redelegation update; ICANN DNSO Board election; ICANN reform &
restructuring; Transfers Update; Whois update; Registrar Code of Conduct;
and potential by-law revisions.

I would also like to hold a panel discussion or informational session on
either Friday afternoon or Sunday morning to discuss the .EU proposed
top-level domain. I would ask help from my European colleagues to possibly
get someone from the EU to address the registrar community on this issue as
part of a panel discussion. I am open for suggestions but believe maximum
participation would necessitate this session being held on Friday afternoon.

The exact hotel facility will be confirmed during our Monday afternoon
conference call. I believe notwithstanding the exact date/time of the .EU
panel discussion, people can begin to make travel arrangements.

Best regards,

Mike