[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Constituency Update

Michael,

Thanks for the update.

I have a question.  Can you please publish the results of the voting for
location ?  I suspect the majority wanted it in the US, and the vote was
split between NYC and Wash ... but if you took countries, that the US would
prevail, given that we just had a meeting in Europe.  I bet that if you took
out all the choices in the US (or added several in Europe), then the vote
wouldn't have been split.  Can you look at the overall picture ?  I suspect
that the meeting around your FTC whois panel will be better attended than
the one in Amsterdam.

As to the .org debate, I think I was the one that may have caused some
confusion here.  What I had suggested was that we discuss and issue a
communiqué on what we wanted from the successful bidder, NOT who the
successful bidder should be.

As we wouldn't know who the successful bidder was at the meeting, I thought
it best to get some details on what we wanted in general from the winner.

The intent was not in any way to influence the ICANN decision process, but
rather to provide some helpful material to the winning bidder that would
enable them to start off on the right foot with us, and hopefully get going
in a smooth manner.

Rob.