[registrars]

RE: [registrars] WLS - VOTING - Objection

Rob,

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Rob Hall wrote:

[snip]

on publishing WLS registrant data...

> But I don't want to go to far down the legal argument here.  That is best
> left for others (ie: lawyers!).  I can see no advantage in giving out the
> information publically, other than to allow current Registrants to get
> upset.

what do you think the public and the press are going to say about all this
when it hits the fan? we could have made it available but we didn't want
folks to panic? now thats keeping the DNS stable... not.

If registrants are going to get upset about a WLS on their domain then we
need to make sure we are as open and transparent as possable or this
industry will pay the price.

-rick