[registrars]

[registrars] Re: Formal presentation of a motion

Jim,

I think you are putting the cart before the horse.

Lets vote on the WLS task for position paper first.  The issue of binding
our representatives is a broader on than just this WLS vote.

Personally, I have every confidence in the fact that our Names Council Reps
are intelligent and can judge the will of the consituency based on our
voting, and don't need to be mandated.  To my knowledge, they have always
voted the will of the consituency.  If memory servers, Bruce recently
offered to not vote the way he personally wants to, as he feels it may not
be the will of the consituency.  I can think of no greater example of the
upstanding character of our Names Council Reps.

Lets concentrate on getting a vote done for the WLS itself, rather than
arguing about binding our NC reps.

I believe someone moved (I think it was Ross) that a vote be taken using the
votebot on the each of the individual recomendations of the task force, and
the task force recomendations as a whole.  If this was an official movement,
then I would second that.  If not, I will be happy to move it, but I suspect
the RC Executive are already working hard towards this end.

Time is of the essence.  Lets determine our opinion of the current task
force report.  We have gotten off track debating forcing reps to vote a
certain way.  Lets cross that bridge when, and only IF, we need to.

Rob.