[registrars]

[registrars] Feed Back: Contractual Enforcement

Hello All:

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POSTING VIA THE REGISTRAR LIST WHICH IS PUBLIC,
BUT PRIVATELY TO ME OR ONE OF THE OTHER REGISTRAR EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
MEMBERS

During the most recent budget approval process, a number of registrars
expressed to me a willingness to pay the increased fee if ICANN was able to
increase its compliance enforcement actions. In an effort to identify
problem areas of compliance could you please forward to me or the executive
committee a list of areas in which you believe that registrars are not
acting in compliance with their contractual obligations. The Executive
Committee will then attempt to put these concerns into a letter and forward
it to ICANN to help in its enforcement activities.

Additionally, if there are other efforts that ICANN could undertake to
assist Registrars please let us know. As ICANN continues it evolution and
reform process, I believe it is critical that registrars continue to work
with ICANN in a proactive and constructive manner to ensure that ICANN
exists as a stable and viable entity. Only then will it be able to ensure
that competition is maintained in the domain name marketplace.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage