[registrars]

FW: [registrars] Latest Verisign Survey

Posted on Chuck Gomes' behalf.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gomes, Chuck
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 10:56 AM
To: Beckwith, Bruce; Sheridan, Chris
Subject: RE: [registrars] Latest Verisign Survey

Bruce,

If you want to post this on behalf of me feel free.

Chuck

Jim,

As I think you have already learned, your concern about Whois data does not
apply because VGRS would implement a "thin" version of EPP so the data
submitted would be the essentially the same as it is today.

Regarding your comments about regulation, VGRS has never claimed to be
unregulated.  In fact, what we have said is that we are regulated by the
agreements we have executed with ICANN, the U.S. DoC and of course we are
regulated by the laws of the United States Government. In our registry
agreements with ICANN we have a clear and definite requirement to maintain
the "Chinese wall" as you call it.

I know it is apparently hard to believe on your part, but our motive for the
survey was to find out what our customers needs and wishes were with regard
to the timing of EPP implementation.  In our view it did not make sense to
move ahead quickly with an EPP implementation if registrars would rather
move more slowly.

Chuck Gomes