[registrars]

Re: [registrars] FWD: Message from Richard Lindsay

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 10:47:22AM -0400, Michael D. Palage took time to write:
> I know that the issue has been around, but when
> we have brought up the issue, and how it affects us,
> with Verisign a few months ago, we realized (perhaps belatedly)
> that we would have to check each of the reported orphans.
> With a few thousand of these, and with a very overworked
> staff, it is hard to find the time to either write
> our own tools, or do this by hand.  I was curious as

If it can be of any help to anyone, please find attached a small
Perl script that implements what Verisign gave as roadmap.
Pipe to it a list of records to check, and watch output.
If you have anything else than [OK] you/your client may have problems.
The numbers in [] refer to the Verisign documentation, and the
various cases described in it.

Patrick.

orphan_records.pl