[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Message from Richard Lindsay

Richard,

Registrars need to review the list of orphaned A name servers, it is at
http://www.verisign-grs.com/orphan/ I think the page is its password
protected. I believe there is also a report that is made available with
the other regular reports available via ftp that will list all the
orphaned A name servers under a registrars direct control.

The first notice we had about the program to clean the A records out of
the CNO zones was in Marina Del Rey in Nov 2001 and again at our RC
conference in DC around the end of Feb 2002.

We have had ample time to reflect on the consequence... as to how to best
handle the issue -- either registrars will delete the NS records or the
registry will. Take it as an opportunity to contact your registrants and
test out those contact e-mail addresses.

I take it everyone understands what an orphaned A record is, why they are
there and the trouble the cause. If not I'll provide a short note on the
what,why and how on orphaned A's

-rick