[registrars]

Re: [registrars] whois lookup

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 08:11:19AM -0500, tchaffin  took time to write:
> Patrick,
>
> We use a web based form to start the process.
>
> I don't see what asking him/her about the details will accomplish (especially in an automated process)?
> Isn't the information listed in the losing registrars whois, at the time the transfer was requested,
> to be used as the contact information during the transfer process and used as the current whois after the transfer is approved?

Here is how we do it and we do not see any problem:
individual goes to website, fill in form asking him who will be the
new contacts.
We get the owner information from whois. For the rest (contacts) it
is given before starting the transfer.

The information is listed in current Registrar's whois, yes, but
since we are using handles (something-GANDI) for contacts, the
information is not what we need, we need the handle, which is only
ours.

Our process is totally automated. Our software (see
http://open.gandi.net/ it is under a Free Licence) parses whois
information (near) always.

Patrick.