[registrars]

RE: [registrars] whois lookup

Hi,

this is an interesting debate born out of a question tht seems to have dies.
never mind. i observe one point. this idea may seem fabulous, and may
prevent spammers, but seemingly is against the ICANN agreement which clearly
lists out in the agreement the fields that MUST be given in the port 43
whois

Note below ICANNS agreement explicitly states that email address of the
admin and tech contact have to be displayed in the whois request. Therefore
you CANNOT modify this email address in any fashion so as to obscure the
actual email address of the individual/organisation, or else it would be
against the Accreditation contract.

At its expense, Registrar shall provide an interactive web page and a port
43 Whois service providing free public query-based access to up-to-date
(i.e., updated at least daily) data concerning all active Registered Names
sponsored by Registrar for each TLD it is accredited. The data accessible
shall consist of elements that are designated from time to time according
to an ICANN adopted specification or policy. Until ICANN otherwise
specifies by means of an ICANN adopted specification or policy, this
data shall consist of the following elements as contained in Registrar's
database:

3.3.1.1 The name of the Registered Name being registered and the
TLD for which registration is being requested;

3.3.1.2 The names of the primary nameserver and secondary
nameserver(s) for the Registered Name;

3.3.1.3 The identity of Registrar (which may be provided through
Registrar's website);

3.3.1.4 The original creation date of the registration;

3.3.1.5 The expiration date of the registration;

3.3.1.6 The name and postal address of the Registered Name
Holder;

3.3.1.7 The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone
number, and (where available) fax number of the technical
contact for the Registered Name; and

3.3.1.8 The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone
number, and (where available) fax number of the
administrative contact for the Registered Name.

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
CEO
Directi