[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Important Information on IDN!

Jim,

You may be an ICANN accredited registrar but you are crossing a line that
no other registrar has crossed to date.

On Wed, 29 May 2002 jim.foley@neteka.com wrote:

> Bob and Rick:
>
> I am surprised by your viament reaction to our sharing of information with
> this community.   This document is intended to add value to the registrars
> constituency community on an issue that will impact all of us.

the "information" is just marketing fluff and I'd appreciate it being kept
off this list. I also want to make it completely clear to anyone else that
posting any type of marketing literature directed at other registrars is an
unacceptable practice for this list.

> I would only hope that after having read the document you would have
> commented on how this document could have beeen better taylored to meet the
> information needs of the community.  Neteka, as an expert in multilingual
> domain names and email addresses has valuable information to share with this
> community.

I read it, passed to several IDN draft authors for their review and we all
came to the same conclusion. I don't want to debate you here on your
selection of technology or any of that, we would just appreciate you not
marketing Neteka to the rest of the registrars, that is not what this list
is designed for.

> On a point of order, perhaps someone could point me in the direction of the
> rules governing the nature of the communications that the members can share
> with other members.

oh, you wana play that game. ok, but we'll take it off list. there is no
sense cluttering more mail boxes with you -vs- me on the mailing list
etiquette here.

-rick