[registrars]

RE: [registrars] REALNAMES - stopping service 30th June.

hi,

i checked this one out ..... it links to another url too with respect to a
plugin verisign is developing -

http://www.verisign-grs.com/support/mdn/mlannounce/2002/mlannounce_040202.ht
ml

I quote from the website

"This newest plug-in solution has a key advantage to others previously
deployed to facilitate IDN resolution. The initial download experience is
"on demand" ,meaning it is actively presented to end-users when they type an
IDN into their browser. The maximum size of the download is only about
200K."

I am wondering how Verisign is making this plug-in such that its download is
on demand, because typically any URL typed in the browser would go through
IE's resolving code which then does a redirect to MSN.COM incase a
resolutionis not done. If the plug-in is meant to be download on demand then
it would require microsoft to modify its browser and MS Outlook to identify
IDN strings and request a plugin download (i dontknow any other tehcnical
way to do this - maybe Rick could shed some light here)

The reason why I mention this is that the cause for Realnames Demise was
Microsoft backing out ..... if Verisigns new plugin is going to be dependant
on a Microsoft contract then we are in the same loop all over again ....

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
CEO
Directi