[registrars]

[registrars] RCoc, §9.F

Dear Rick and members,

Can you please explain the motivation behind this sentence in point
9F:
Additionally, if the losing registrar controls the nameservers of
the domain, it may not disable DNS services for a period of 90 days
subsequent to the transfer

If the customer changes Registrar, knowing that it uses previous
Registrar nameservers, he sure can change nameservers *before* doing
the transfer. Of course there is propagation delays and such, but 7
days should be far enough.
So, why 90 ?

Right now, this is the only point us (Gandi) disagree with in this
document. We provide nameserver service for half of our registration
and keep it for 7 days after a domain name changes nameservers. We
delete domain names (in our local DB) after transfer, so there is no
way for us to keep nameserver service for 90 days for a domain name
not registered with us.

Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick Mevzek.