[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Re: Registrar Code of Conduct (RCoC)

Rob,

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Rob Hall wrote:

> I concur with you that this must be a well thought out and debated code.
> The fact that it becomes a contractual oblication once approved means we are
> effectively negotiating new contracts with ICANN, and some of these
> principles may need some serious debate.

I completely agree. The document posted on the website is from old
discussions and it is what we most closely agreed to. We never had a vote
on it because we were sidetracked several other issues.

I hope we can now discuss the document and flesh out the areas where we
agree and where consensus needs to be developed.

> I concur with not signing up at this point, and suggest we move ahead with
> the debates surrounding each item.  Some will be easy, others will be
> contentious.

absolutely! there a lot of business models out there and I don't think the
Code of Conduct should be used to eliminate competition but bring a degree
of respectability and set end-user expectations for the industry.

I hope the rest of the registrars will take a good look at the document
and post their thoughts. Understand I'm not here to defend the document --
i didn't even write it.

I do want to facilitate a discussion that results in a vote on a complete
document and I hope others will work to the same end.

best,

-rick