[registrars]

[registrars] Registrar Code of Conduct (RCoC)

RC Members:

Over two years ago we had a discussion about a Registrar Code of Conduct.
This note is meant to revive and initiate that discussion. Below is a time
line with goals and milestones describing how we will accomplish this
task.

The intention is to formalize the Registrar Code of Conduct (RCoC)
document so that the industry may have a base line to conduct itself.
The interim document is available at
  http://www.icann-registrars.org/html%20docs/CodeofConduct3.htm

MEMBERS of the DNSO Registrars Constituency may agree to abide by the
interim RCoC document and have their names placed on a page for such
declarations at
  http://www.icann-registrars.org/listcodeofconductsubscribing.htm

MEMBERS of the DNSO Registrars Constituency (RC) may have their names
placed on this page (in Alphabetical Order) by sending a fax to the
Registrars Executive Team at 1.312.896.9022, the letter must state
that the RC member wishes to be listed as subscribed to the interim
Registrar Code of Conduct and will abide by the document until such a
time it is replaced by a formally accepted Registrar Code of Conduct.

Please understand that the listing of registrars is only available to
current constituency members in good standing.

Point of Contact: 	Rick Wesson <rick@ar.com>

Goals and Milestones

  May 02  *     Post Interim Registrar Code of Conduct (iRCoC)
		Allow registrars to affirm to abide by the RCoC

  May 02        Start discussion of revised a RCoC

  Jun 02        Post first revised draft
  Jun 02        First constituency wide teleconference on RCoC

  Aug 02        Post second revised draft
  Aug 02        Second constituency wide teleconference on RCoC
  Aug 02        constituency wide vote to accept RCoC

  Sep 02        allow registrars to sign code of conduct and be placed on
                pages listing registrars affirming the Code of Conduct
  Sep 02        Retire interim Code of Conduct pages.

(*) denotes a completed goal or milestone

Please review the document described above and post your thoughts
regarding the document to the registrars list. In early June we will have
a teleconf so that we can discuss any proposals that come up between now
and then. We'll keep copies of the proposals on the registrars web site.

Best Regards,

-rick

Rick Wesson
CEO, Alice's Registry, Inc.