[registrars]

RE: [registrars] RE: WHOIS BLUES

> your main gripe is understood, however ip registries require subdeligation
> information to be put into whois for blocks as small as a /27. PackBell  a
> huge telco/isp in the US make deligations in arin down to at least a /27
> so if ISPs do what theyare required to then you should have reasonable
> information.

aah .... if we all lived in a perfect world ......

> After all we are just talking aboyt blocking whois, ofcource you could put
> your abuse contact details in the results when you block someone insted of
> just droping their request on the floor.

this is what we intend to do ...... netsol does it too i believe ..... its a
good way to tackle this issue....

i am looking at the following rulesets (sort of a whitelist instead of a
black list approach)

* allow only say abt 20 Whois request per ip/subnet per day

* anyone who wants more than that can contact us with an appropriate reason
and we put them into a white list which will allow them a higher predefined
limit

bhavin