[registrars]

[registrars] Current status of namescouncil views on ICANN reform

Hello All,

Please review:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20020424.Response-Reform-v6.html

It contains the current status of discussions on the ICANN reform within the
names council.

The next namescouncil conference call is on Wed 24 April.

I would appreciate any comments on the list.

It looks like it will be difficult to come up with a coordinated registrars
position by the end of April, although there have been a few conference
calls amongst registrars to discuss, as well as discussions amongst those
that attended in Ghana.  Most of us are busy trying to run a business :-)

I recommend that individual registrars make their own coherent submission to
ICANN, and provide a copy of their submission to the registrars list.  I
intend to do this.  I have found it very useful to hear the views of others
which will help form my own submission.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin