[registrars]

[registrars] Domain Name Expiration Notices?

Our customers have been confused and complaining about an email they received from VeriSign Registrar that looks like a simple renewal notice. No marketing copy, even the return address is Expiration Department...

Have any of you been receiving similar complaints? What do you think of this practice in general?

Another bit of a puzzle is how they know which of our customer's domains are expiring. According to our logs it doesn't appear that they've been automating queries into our port 43.

Tim Ruiz
Go Daddy