[registrars]

RE: [registrars] FW: Application for domaininfo.biz

Hi,

I believe this mail originates from us, and I am glad it is up for debate.

Couple of points I would like to make -

* I have been closely in touch with Neulevel before sending this mail (and
any others)

* Most IP Claimants have this inherent feeling that by purchasing an IP
Claim on the domain name they are secure, and that they will get their
domain name irrespective of whatever happens in this Round Robin. You may do
a survey yourself and obtain similar results. This is because during the IP
Claim sale phase a large number of Resellers convinced companies that the
only way to protect their IP interests was to buy a $90 IP Claim, and that
by buying it their interests would be secured.

* Thos who are aware that they do not have any special chances of getting
their domain name are not aware that they would need to fork out $1500 per
domain name to win their domain name back if a Speculator gets it.

* Over the last 2 months since the .BIZ Round Robin process was announced, a
large number of Customers have approached us, and other Registrars who we
have spoken to to apply for Domain Names in the Round Robin process. We took
a distribution set of these clients and found out that over 96% of these
clients are speculators.

* In .INFO there were well over 1500 Sunrise Challenges and over 10000 more
filed by Afilias itself at a value of $249 per Challenge it comes to a
wastage of over $2.8 million. Additionally a large number of genuine IP
holders still missed out on their domain names

* When we initially investigated various business models of various
Registrars, we realised that in the .BIZ queue too a large number of domain
names would end up going to the Speculators resulting in Domain Name and IP
mayhem of the kind never seen before. Speculators could hold IP Claimants
ransom since IP Claimants would need to spend $1500 to obtain a name with no
guarantee of results

* We decided therefore to work an alternative strategy and assist only IP
Claimants in obtaining their names. Therefore we have submitted all our
names through various other key Registrars as well as our own queue on
behalf of only IP Claimant holders. We have put in our details for the
Registration of the name and will change that after registration to the
appropriate IP Claim Holder and transfer the domain name to them. This was
the only way to prevent Speculators from getting hold of these names and
then IP Claimants having to file an expensive STOP proceeding.

* i have been practically inundated with email and chat from various genuine
IP Claimants who were never aware of the fact that by having the ip claim
they would not get the domain name. All of them have been thankful that
someone atleast bothered to put up 10 pages of comprehensive information to
educate them on the issue. some of the names of clients who have used our
consultancy to improve their chances include Samsung, SEIKO, Intuit, Suzuki
etc

I would love to have a conversation with any of you about my feedback in
further detail if you would wish to speak with me

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
CEO
Directi