[registrars]

[registrars] weird issue with one client

i just learned something -

one of my customers had a domain name (agnihotraindia.com) registered with
INWW. it expired and was in the auto-renew period. the client paid INWW for
renewing it.

After this the client transferred the name to me in the want of adding ONE
more year to the name. for some reason this removed the year that was added
by INWW.

i then heard from Verisign that a domain in the auto-renew grace period if
it is transferred will lose the one year. so how does a registrar explicitly
renew the domain name during the auto-renew period such that even if it gets
transferred in the auto-renew period the year will not be subtracted?

what do other registrars do in a scenario like this?

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
CEO
Directi